Ideal for professional photographic, fine art, graphic design and proofing applications, it features our advanced PrecisionCore® TFP® printhead and Epson Precision Dot screening technologies, developed to work exclusively with 200 mL UltraChrome HDX® pigment ink cartridges. UltraChrome HDX, our next-generation pigment ink technology, is independently rated by Wilhelm Research for up to 200 years for colour prints and up to 400 years for black-and-white prints, more than twice our previous generation of ink1. Plus, get versatile media handling with automatic switching between the high-capacity front paper cassette and the roll media feeder.
- Refined printer design — improved dust and static control for reduced printhead nozzle maintenance
- Improved Black density — higher-density Black pigments for a wider contrast ratio and enhanced clarity for both colour and black-and-white prints
- Exceptional print permanence — offers next-generation pigment ink technology for up to twice the overall print permanence than our previous generation of ink1
- Remarkable detail — Epson PrecisionCore TFP printhead delivers high print speeds with 360 nozzles per colour channel, with variable-size ink droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters
- Versatile, productive media handling — automatically switch between the high-capacity front paper cassette and the roll media feeder
- Standard Edition — 10-colour UltraChrome HDX Ink set features Orange and Green and three-level Black inks supporting advanced black-and-white photographic printing.
- Commercial Edition — includes an all-new Violet ink (in place of Light Light Black) to deliver an industry-best 99 percent PANTONE® PLUS FORMULA GUIDE solid-coated colour matching2, ideal for commercial and flexographic proofing applications
- Designer Edition — offers all the features of the Standard Edition, plus it includes EFI® Fiery® eXpress for Epson, an industry‑leading software RIP with true Adobe® PostScript® 3™ for accurate CMYK and spot colour printing.
- Epson Precision Dot screening algorithm — ensures incredibly accurate control of the sizing and mixing of ink droplets for beautiful prints
- Easy to use — 2.7" LCD panel allows for easy setup, control and maintenance of the printer
- Epson Print Layout — simplified workflow and easy colour control. Find this download on the Support tab.
- Optional On-Board Spectrophotometer – Epson SpectroProofer UVS developed jointly with X-Rite automates color profile creation, printer linearization, and proof verification.
WHATS IN THE BOX
- SureColor P-Series Printer
- Printer Stand with Catch Basket
- Spindle-free Roll Media Adapters
- Set of eleven 110 ml initial ink cartridges
- Ink Maintenance Tank(s) (installed)
- AC Power Cable
- User Guide Kit (Documentation and Warranty)
- Software is provided via download
- Sample roll - Epson Doubleweight Matte Paper for print head alignments
- Advanced PrecisionCore TFP 10-channel, drop-on-demand printhead with ink-repelling coating technology
MAXIMUM PRINT RESOLUTION
- UltraChrome HDX pigment ink; 11-ink, 10-color
- Standard ink configuration: C, LC, VM, VLM, Y, LK, LLK, O, G and PK/MK
MINIMUM INK DROPLET TECHNOLOGY
- 3.5 picolitres
- Variable Droplet Technology can produce up to 3 different droplet sizes per print line
- Color and monochrome heads; 360 nozzles x 10
- 8" x 10" prints from 0:59 to 2:26; normal is 1:28
- 11" x 14" prints from 1:42 to 4:04; normal is 2:31
- 16" x 20" prints from 2:46 to 6:48; normal is 4:11
- Epson ESC/P® raster photographic drivers standard
- Maximum paper width: 17" (431.8mm)
- Minimum cut-sheet size: 8" x 10" less margins (203.2 x 254mm)
- Maximum Printable Length: 529"
- Line Accuracy: +/- 0.2% of specified length (+/- 0.26 mm min.)
SHEET MEDIA HANDLING
- Maximum Sheet Size: 17" x 22"
- Minimum Sheet Size: 8" x 10"
- Left/Right Margins: 3 mm each side; 6 mm or 0.24" total
- Top/Bottom Margins: Normal 3 mm/15mm
- Top/Bottom Margins: Maximum Selected 3 mm each side
- Paper Cassette: Multiple sheets up to 0.35 mm (0.014") thick, capacity varies by media, 250 sheet maximum on plain paper
- Front Top-loading: Single sheet up to 0.48 mm (0.019") thick
- Front Media Path: Single sheet up to1.50 mm (0.059") thick
ROLL MEDIA HANDLING
- Single Top-loading Roll: 17" wide up to 0.05 mm thick
- 17" Wide Media Spindle: 2" standard core, 3" adapters
- Roll Paper Thickness Range: 0.08 – 0.5 mm (0.02") thick
- Roll Cutting: High-speed internal rotary cutter; auto or manual
- Minimum Auto Cut Length: 5.0" plus top/bottom margin
- Top/Bottom Margin (mm): varies by media 15, 3, 20, 35 or 0 when using borderless cut
- Left/Right Margins: 3 mm each side; 0.24" total;or 0" at supported BorderFree® widths
- BorderFree on 2" and 3" Cores: 10", 13", 14", 16", 17"
- BorderFree on 2" Core Only with Spacer: 8", 11", 16.5"
- Roll Paper Remaining: printable barcode tracking system
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (1 port)
- Ethernet (1000Base-T; 100Base-TX; 10Base-T) (1 port)
- Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) macOS™ 10.12.x – Mac OS X® 10.7
- Operating: 50 ˚ to 95 ˚F (10 ˚ to 35 ˚C)
- Operating (recommended): 65 ˚ to 75 ˚F (18 ˚ to 24 ˚C)
- Storage: -4 ˚ to 104 ˚F (-20 ˚ to 40 ˚C)
- Operating: 20 – 80% (no condensation)
- Operating (recommended): 45 – 60% (no condensation)
- Storage: 5 – 85% (no condensation)
DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)
- Exit tray closed: 34.0" x 30.2" x 15.9" (863 x 766 x 405 mm)
- Voltage: AC 110 – 240 V
- Frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
- Current: 0.7A
- Printing: approx. 52 W
- Ready: approx. 20 W
- Sleep Mode: approx. 5.0 W (1000 BaseT Ethernet in Standby)
- Power Off: less than 0.5 W ENERGY STAR® qualified